Transforming from a simple digital camera into a simple robot, Spy Shot 6 is the kind of toy that I can easily see kids carrying around forever and ever. The robot looks almost generic, and that lends itself to play sessions that went far beyond the mere struggle between Autobots and Decepticons. In effect, this kind of toy becomes a kid's new little robot friend — a mechanical imp, meant less to engage in war and more to help get those pestilent little straws into Capri Sun pouches on the power of animism and hand support.
Some of the "Real Gear Robots" are bigger and more intricate, but the best ones aren't. My favorite action figures never forced me to adhere to loyalties and personas set by a cartoon or movie. Instead, they were the ones with origins I got to completely make up on my own. I honestly don't know if Spy Shot 6 is an "official" character or something they made up just for the toy collection, but it doesn't matter. If you've got him in your pocket, he's not concerned with energon cubes or Megatron's master plan. He just wants to come to the zoo with you and pretend to photograph zebras even though he really can't.
While I'm on the topic, I've been really blown away by all of the new Transformers movie toys. They have a distinct flavor about them — Hasbro is definitely positioning them more as "standard action figures" than traditional Transformers, even though they share the intricacies and gimmicks. Example being the new Starscream figure, which in size and shape is an absolutely perfect third wheel for any dinner dates between Donatello and Spirit World Aang. I've never been into the Tranny toys that felt more like puzzles than figures, so these new ones are ace
Some of the "Real Gear Robots" are bigger and more intricate, but the best ones aren't. My favorite action figures never forced me to adhere to loyalties and personas set by a cartoon or movie. Instead, they were the ones with origins I got to completely make up on my own. I honestly don't know if Spy Shot 6 is an "official" character or something they made up just for the toy collection, but it doesn't matter. If you've got him in your pocket, he's not concerned with energon cubes or Megatron's master plan. He just wants to come to the zoo with you and pretend to photograph zebras even though he really can't.
While I'm on the topic, I've been really blown away by all of the new Transformers movie toys. They have a distinct flavor about them — Hasbro is definitely positioning them more as "standard action figures" than traditional Transformers, even though they share the intricacies and gimmicks. Example being the new Starscream figure, which in size and shape is an absolutely perfect third wheel for any dinner dates between Donatello and Spirit World Aang. I've never been into the Tranny toys that felt more like puzzles than figures, so these new ones are ace
1 comment:
Hello Nepal Entertainment Blog
When I am optimistic I am able to understand that there is something good that is hidden in everything that happens. I am able to enjoy seeing only this positive aspect, filling me with positivity. So my happiness spreads around and touches the lives of those around me.
Cheer's
Post a Comment